Table of contents
- What is ZIPZERO?
- Who is ZIPZERO for?
- How do I use the app?
- Do I have to pay to use ZIPZERO?
- Where does the money to pay my bills come from?
- What about my personal data?
- Can I cash out my ZIPZERO funds?
- Can one household collect more than £50 per month for their bills if each member has their own account?
- How are offers personalised to me?
What is ZIPZERO?
ZIPZERO is a mobile app aimed at helping households break free from the burden of monthly bills.
Use the app to snap photos of any and all paper receipts from UK-based retailers to get at least 1% of each transaction into your ZIPZERO wallet.
Unlike other similar services, we put your rewards directly towards your bills. You can use the funds you’ve earned to help cover essential utility bills like electricity, gas, water, telephone, internet, tv or council tax every month.
Who is ZIPZERO for?
If you’re a resident of the UK over 18 years and own a smartphone with iOS 10.0 (and above) or Android 5.0 (and above), we’re here to help you cover some of your most burdensome monthly expenses.
The app is for anyone who’s looking for a clever way to squeeze a bit more out of their household budget without changing any of their shopping habits.
How do I use the app?
- Once you’ve downloaded the ZIPZERO app, use a valid email address to sign up.
- You can then start snapping your receipts right away to earn cash towards your monthly bills. Any purchase you make over the course of your day - large or small - helps you earn cash towards your bills simply by scanning your receipt.
- The app lets you use your phone’s camera to scan the receipts from UK-based retailers to earn at least 1% of its value towards direct bill payment.
- You can make a utility bill payment at any time by adding your biller’s account details and clicking a button. You can earn up to £50 each month to pay any bill of your choosing (water electricity, gas, telephone, internet, tv or council tax).
Do I have to pay to use ZIPZERO?
No. ZIPZERO is free to use.
By scanning your everyday shopping receipts, you can earn up to £50 per month to cover your monthly expenses. The more receipts you scan, the more cash you earn towards your bills.
Where does the money to pay my bills come from?
ZIPZERO works with retail partners to create a circle of user consumption. We provide retailers with an opportunity to offer their products and services directly to ZIPZERO app users. In exchange, the system then rewards ZIPZERO app users with money to cover utility bills when they upload photographs of their purchase receipts.
What about my personal data?
Our priority is to protect our users’ personal information. You can be certain that we will never sell or allow third parties to access your data.
The only information required to sign up to ZIPZERO is a valid email address.
Can I cash out my ZIPZERO funds?
No. We can’t transfer funds to you or any other private individual.
We can only transfer funds to a verified Biller for a legitimate service: electricity, water, gas, telephone, Internet, TV and Council Tax.
Can one household collect more than £50 per month for their bills if each member has their own account?
Yes. The £50 per month limit applies to an individual user.
If your household spends a lot each month, you might consider opening accounts for multiple family members. However, each user must be a UK resident over 18 years of age with a valid email address. Individuals can only have one ZIPZERO account at a time.
How are offers personalised to me?
When you upload receipts of your purchases, you’re allowing us to get to know your preferences. We can then provide you with personalised offers that are more likely to appeal to you. This will help you to save money on future purchases.